Thursday, January 1, 2009

Laugh like there is no tommorow

The earlier two posts also talk about new beginnings and well two is about as far as i got in the past 3 months time!!!! However, today on New Year's Day i just couldnt let the day pass by without a note in my long forgotten blog!!
Just a few musings today, i used to think of new year as a big deal, but then now with time it feels like just another day. So many occassions which previously meant an excuse to party and get together now all seem to be bogus hall mark created occasions. While my parents would like to believe that i am finally getting sensible, i hate this line of thinking, coz it makes me feel old and cynical!!! Whats wrong in finding an excuse to laugh and make merry?!! but these days it feels like bah humbug!!!!
Growing old aint aching bones and longer pages in your medical report, its when you start frowning more and smiling less. Youth is laughing like there is no tommorow and that is a bloody exhilirating feeling, just laughing..... no cost and yet priceless!!
Well my new year resolution is to be silly!! Sounds stupid eh? well i guess it does but thats what i want to do. I yearn for that giddiness that comes with abandoning yourself to silly laughter and although i cant create it at will, i shall try to create more opportunities for myself to be like that....what say??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neeta,

    Gr8 going though i dont know what ur trying to tell to the world or me. . .anyway as ur brother iam there with you . . . .incase u dont find me behind u just look inthe bedroom u will find me sleeping on the bed . . . .hehehehee. . . .

    take care little sis of mine. . .. and have a gr8 year ahead

    ReplyDelete