Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dekha Ek Khwab

One of my all time favourite songs is this one from the Hindi movie Silsila – “Dekha Ek Khwab.” This could be because my dad had those old time gramophone record collection and one of the records had this song. Also one of our video cassette collections was the movie itself. So I have been hearing this song from quite a long time back.

Whenever I used to see Rekha walking through the carpet of flowers, a visual riot, I would always sigh dreamily from the sheer beauty of that scene, the quintessential Yash Raj movie scene that was.


Well Edinburgh is blooming similarly and the parks are being planted with lovely collections of tulips of various colours and other varieties of flowers. Whoever is in charge of this lovely exercise is also making sure that the flowers are colour coordinated as well.

During the weekend we went to a park in the neighbourhood and there we discovered not just blooming lush flowers but also well tended to shrubs, some even in the formation of ducks!! :)  

(check out the duck shaped shubs on the right side of the picture)

There were large trees in the middle and benches in abundance, any one could just walk in with their book and settle down for a peaceful read. Or as in the modern era, could walk in with their laptop and net away. :)


If any of our heroines had to do the Silsila scene today then I think Edinburgh would not fall shy in providing a location for the shoot. :)

On the funny side, I did enjoy the serenity and peace that the scene afforded when I went in for a leisurely walk. However, when today I in my ever lasting battle of bulge went to a similar scene at the Royal Botanical Garden, for my fast walking-cum-slow jogging exercise session, I was none the too impressed with it. :) I guess I was too busy cursing the whites for making gardens that are so damn big that after going around it once you can almost feel the blood rushing to your head.

Guess that just goes to show how fickle my mind is. :)

3 comments:

  1. post my blogging exercise, i have started reading them as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madhuri is busy with hubby dearest in USA, however in her next movie perhaps she can come here :D

    Hey Hetal, amazing, didnt realise u were literate!!!

    ReplyDelete