Friday, April 23, 2010

Gerard Butler

I keep getting to watch English movies these days which has Gerard Butler, not very many mind you but enough for an impression to have formed.

First it was this movie called the Ugly Truth and it was hilarious and romantic, and the hero seemed very nice not just to look at but in emotions as well. However, I didn’t bother to get to know the name of the hero at the time. Then suddenly all the buses plying in Edinburgh were painted over on the sides with the latest movie to be released – “The Bounty Hunter.” Gerard Butler was in that movie as well and that’s when I got to know his name. Lovely movie by the way – the Bounty Hunter.

When we got the five pound video rental deal for five movies which you can keep for a week then one of the first movies we borrowed was P.S. I Love you. Awesome, touching movie which makes you feel the love between the lead pair one of whom was Gerard. Suddenly then, this guy seemed a bit familiar so I checked up on the movie “300”. Yep Gerard Butler strikes again.

Interesting! So I decided to do a bit of reading on the actor and I found out to my delight that he is Scottish. It’s not like he is Indian and all but now that I am in Scotland and I like these people around me, I find them far less cunning than the Brits, I feel an affinity towards anything Scottish. :)

The guy was born in Glasgow, lived a bit in Montreal, Canada before coming back to Scotland to live here. 40 years of age now and he is also the main lead of the movie Attila the Hun, has in the initial days done bit roles including a small one in a James Bond Movie – Tomorrow Never Dies.

Actually though, the guy started out learning for law, passed out of Glasgow University of Law and then even joined a Law firm there. However, he soon quit after being asked by his seniors for one good reason why they shouldn’t fire him in the first place. How clichéd!!! You fight for your passion then the rest falls in place, rest being money, fame and power!

An interesting Indian angle to this guy’s life, he was rumoured to have been seeing Priyanka Chopra, yep our very own Bollywood Diva. Seems they met at a Dubai Hotel Opening and then later were spotted at lunch together in Chicago. However, in all fairness, being in the industry that they are in, it could all be smoke WITHOUT any fire.

Anyways the guy is an amazing actor, if you would like to watch some time pass movies try PS I Love You, Ugly Truth and Bounty Hunter. All quite cute.

4 comments:

  1. Ugly truth, yes that movie i liked it. But then I thought can we be like that in real life ? It's hard ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. neeta.. its not abt seeing anyone.. its all one XXXX stands ;).. i hope u ll b able to guess who posted this comment :D

    ReplyDelete