Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Housefull


During the week I had been to a home beauty parlour run by an Indian woman whose husband works in Infosys in a project with Royal Bank of Scotland. I sincerely think though that she earns as much or better than her husband. She was professional, clean and had an impressive array of services to offer. Better yet she was punctual and expected you to be too.

Anyways to my joy she mentioned that yes Indian cinema did get released in the theatres here in fact she had been to one only the last weekend. So then during the weekend, we set out for the Indian cinema ourselves at the nearby Cineworld. The movie was Housefull, had Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Hritesh Deshmukh, Lara Dutta and Arjun Rampal. So even though the movie was directed by Sajid Khan who has a pathetic movie direction taste and manner, we decided to over look it for the awesome star cast. Hell, who am I kidding? I would have gone even if the movie had pathetic actors since its been a long time since I had seen a hindi movie.

To say the movie was pathetically bad would be an understatement, some of the times, the movie was so desperately bad that you ended up laughing by the sheer level of idiocy!! The title song seemed a poor imitation of the one in DevD and while it worked well for the latter it wasn’t doing anything for this one.

Akshay Kumar always so good at action and being the brute with a bit of sensitivity totally blew it by being the whining crying loser through the movie. I thought at sometime the meek shall inherit the world but then Akshay defied all odds and chose to remain a loser of the first order till the end. Why in the world did both Malika Arora and Deepika Padukone fall for this guy despite his loser abilities is beyond me.

Hrithesh Deshmukh is enjoyable and Arjun Rampal amazingly good eye candy. Lara Dutta manages to hold her own despite Deepika’s washboard waist. Boman Irani with his Rani Bhen is classic. I wish though that the movie hadn’t had the black baby which so reeked of racial discrimination and that below the belt hit on people who stammer.

3 comments:

  1. hey i watched it too on the dvd but and found it ok ! maybe the film suits the taste buds of indian working class ppl like me .. . . . .hahahhahaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always did have bad taste in movies!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always promise myself to leave all analytical and critical capabilities when i hit the box office.. i surrender my brain completely to the movie. so anything which has gags r fun for me..

    ReplyDelete