Monday, March 15, 2010

Time

Talk about pressure!! Why is it that these days time is measured by the events that take place and not in the standard way of minutes, days, weeks….etc etc. It’s only been a week since I landed and yet I feel as if it’s been so long a time, I haven’t yet gotten an apartment to move into and I don’t have a job to join!!

Apartments…..i frankly don’t understand why we are taking so long to decide on which apartment to move into since every one of them looks the same. They all have brown exteriors, they all have entry secure phone systems, they all have street parking, they all have more or less the same square feet too…its only the locality and the rent that differs. And yet when I enter a possible place, some of the flats give me yes this home feeling as opposed to some that don’t.

What’s painful though is the hotel food, especially the breakfast; it’s the same stale croissants, stack of brown and white breads, cereals and fruits. Nothing wrong with the spread in itself but the fact that it’s not HOT and nothing is cooked, it’s all ready made.

Patience truly is a virtue! :(

My job hunt however has started only from today since I didn’t have an address to quote on my CV so far and now thanks to Shaiwal’s colleague I do have one. The jobs listed on the sites don’t give me an iota of confidence that I will be able to bag one, everything is in the banking and insurance domain since Edinburgh is the hub of insurance and banking companies. Miseries of misery, I haven’t done a project in that domain, except for a small one with Metlife insurance. Anyways, I am no domain expert I am on the product side, right? So are there any openings there….well truthfully, no. :(

Seriously, time these days are marked by events, if something happens its always – oh so soon….and if nothing happens then its like – my god how long its been!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey do you know how much you pay for an English breakfast in India ????? and dont forget it happens only if Taj has one of those special offers on a Sunday.

    Anyway its too early for you to start missing Indian food, its been only a few days, maybe for the joy of writing your killing an innocent English Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope its only that the Hotel english breakfast is a sad fare, i wouldnt kill a healthy english fare in Taj anyday!!

    ReplyDelete