Tuesday, June 22, 2010

AHA!!!

So i finally am connected now, i got my email ID. Why I thought I was missing it I dont seem to remember now. Coz from the moment i got it meeting requests and work requests have been pouring in. So yesterday I most definitely did not spend the time looking at the clock and wondering if I could hang myself on the hour's hand. People seem to be crawling out of the intranet woodwork to hunt me down and then give me work. :(

Well I guess one day of work honeymoon period is all I get. Anyways, my colleagues very sweetly also taught me how to book my work space. Whats that? Well there is a rotating desk policy here which means you dont get permanent work spaces but you need to keep booking and you can only book for 3 weeks ahead not more. I dont know why the company bothers because as far as I can see people pretty much still keep sitting at the same place. So anyways, I dutifully did my workspace booking and felt happy about it. Only to receive a mail from some guy saying I had booked his space and that he absolutely needed to sit with his team and if I had any queries then to check with HIS BOSS. One, what a looser, I can imagine girls sending mails out like that but a guy, hell just walk upto me and request me for the seat! Two, I seriously wonder what possible query he thought I would have to take up to his BOSS!

Long and short of it, I did redo my booking at the internal website. Not here to make enemies now are we?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm Good.. So the time have come now !! To track the work status alloted for you.. All the best da :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now you know how to keep the same place through out if any body books ur place write them back to check with your BOSS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gopi I need it.

    Kalyan - hehehe, dont want to do all this kindergarden nonsense da. What stupidity na? Hey did you see aanand's wedding album?

    ReplyDelete