Monday, June 21, 2010

Why ME?!!


Initial days in an organisation are both the best and the worst days. The best because everyone is so understanding and expectations are at an all time low. The worst because you have no login id's, no access cards and no clue what the hell you are supposed to be doing. So every one hour i go to my manager and request him for some reading materials and try my best not to fall asleep over them. The battle of keeping my eyes open, especially after 1pm is an uphill one and every other minute i steal glances at the clock to confirm how many more minutes do i have to complete before going home. And that my dears is the most excruciating task.

Well the list of my goof ups seem to be piling on and here is my latest, i had to call up a person for some information at work. I dutifully did so and came across a thick Scottish brogue, it was as if i was hitting my head against the wall. I had squashed the headphones into my ear so much that i am sure it must have touched my cerebrum but i could have been sitting right next to the guy and it still wouldnt have made any difference. I would have been at sea anyways. So all i had to ask was whom to contact on a particular assignment, the person answered and I couldnt make out. SO i made him spell it out, smart eh? Well i thought so too but you know what his accent existed in multiple and single words/alphabets. SO then he asked me for my mail ID, so that he could mail the information across. Sweet chap i say, a place in heaven is surely reserved for you kind sir. Unfortunately i DONT have a mail ID!!! :(
 
That was just Monday, four more days to go!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa.. that was good one.. I am sure u are missing the support services there!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorely da!! I guess i had a better time of joining in Satyam. :)

    ReplyDelete