Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goof Up

I have loads to write about this weekend past and also how Shaiwal’s birthday celebrations went…and I was just going to do that yesterday when suddenly another one of my goof ups happened. I see myself as a mature adult unfortunately episodes keep happening in my life which tests this view of myself. One such episode was what happened yesterday.

Shaiwal had left for office, I had finished cleaning the house and got ready for my exercises. I closed the kitchen door for privacy since there is a window there and since the previous day I had gotten some ankle/wrist weights, I was decidedly more enthusiastic during my exercise session. I even used the kitchen door for support and did some lunges and stuff.

After a good workout and a clean bath, whistling I came along to the kitchen to start my breakfast to find out that the kitchen door was JAMMED!!! What the hell!!! How come?!! Well I did the banging bit on the door for close to fifteen minutes before I called SOS.

Mr. Shaiwal Mathur was amazed beyond belief and then in his best pity condescending voice said don’t worry I shall fix it when I get home. I didn’t exactly bang the phone down but I was close to it, ya right Mr.He-man how you gonna manage that? By then I had in the typical filmy style, cleared some space and ran to the door, launched myself onto it and then bounced back on the floor all dazed. SO I was guessing that opening this door wasn’t going to be an easy task at all!

GRUMPY with a capital G was what I then grew. Good food sitting inside my kitchen and I on the other side of the door hungry, miserable, shoulders hurting and pride wounded! Well after a lot of murmuring and frustration I finally trudged to the neared subway got two subs and returned. There was nothing I could do I knew that logically but I just couldn’t get out of my grumpy mood. So I did what was the best thing to do, I went to sleep hoping that when I woke up all this would be just a bad dream.

Nope didn’t work that way, evening turned up and so did Shaiwal. I just tried to break the door down he tried the wall too, not that it was to work. So after a lot of huffing puffing and shoulder banging he settled down and gave me an incredulous look saying, “how do you manage to do all this?” Yes as if its my hobby and this what I excel in. Come on come on I don’t need such statements I need a solution.

Well we were lucky to find a handyman who said he would come in then itself. He turned up, sliced the door handle, he managed to do a pretty neat job too. I was totally impressed by his tools and the fact that he didn’t enquire how this happened in the first place. In under 30 minutes he was on his way and we less cash rich by 40 pounds!

Well I must say Shaiwal was pretty decent about that, had the roles been reversed I would perhaps have not been so. Guess he is a better person….whatever!!

God, please I am already two episodes down since the time I came to UK, don’t need another one happening anytime soon. Help me out here will ya?

Nitin brother of mine, comment on this blog and I shall block you forever. Be warned!

4 comments:

  1. A mature adult, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know who this anonymous is :D !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalyan - So tell me who it is, Anonymous is definitely not my brother Nitin. Guess who?

    Anonymous - Sarcasm just doesnt become you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Comments, Just a question ? For these events well managed, do you take intellectual support from someone or is it under your proprietary rights

    ReplyDelete